UNISON Northamptonshire County Branch
6 Darnell Way
Tel: 01604 670400
Extra Personal Benefits
Women in Unison
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender
Health & Safety
Schools and Academies
Viewing News Item
(Click Here to return to previous page)
19 Aug 2016
Free Distance Learning Courses
UNISON has linked up with Leicester College to provide places on fully funded courses for members. The courses are all distance learning so you do not have to attend a college to complete the course. You can do the assignments either online or in paper format (depending on the course), with a tutor on hand throughout to provide support.
These courses are intended to support your own personal development and do not replace the mandatory training required for you to carry out your duties at work. You will also need to complete these courses in your own time.
You will receive a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification upon completion of the course.
You must be 19 years old or over and have lived in the EU for a minimum of 3 years to qualify for funding. You cannot apply if you hold a student visa. Please note though that taking on one of these courses requires a commitment of time. Most last 9 – 12 weeks and take several hours per week. Whilst the course is free the provider will charge £125 for anyone who doesn’t complete without good reason.
The sign-up sessions will be during the day on 19 September.
How to get started!
Take a look at the list of courses below and choose the one you would like to complete. Courses are various lengths. Funding is available for one course at a time, but once you have passed a course you would be able to enrol on another if we have funding later. Attached is a document which gives a little bit more detail of what each course involves. All the courses are paper-based with just a few also available online:
· Level 2 Certificate in Principle of Customer Service (also available online)
· Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
· Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice & Guidance
· Level 2 Certificate in The Principles of Dementia Care (also available online)
· Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings (also available online)
· Level 2 Certificate in Understanding End of Life Care
· Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes (also available online)
· Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines in Health & Social Care
· Level 2 Certificate in Common Health problems
· Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity (also available online)
· Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading Knowledge (also available online)
· Level 2 Certificate Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health & Social Care
· Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
· Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with individuals with Learning Disabilities
· Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
· Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
· Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition & Health
· Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Admin (also available online)
· Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Care Planning
Contact Gavin McCann (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating which course you want to complete and your membership number or if you would like a little bit more information. Please note I will be taking some annual leave so there may be a little delay in responding.
You will be sent an invitation to attend an enrolment session which will be carried out during the day on 19th September at the UNISON Office in Northampton (UNISON Office, 6 Darnell Way, Moulton Park, Northampton, NN3 6RW). The number of sessions held will depend on the amount of interest. It will take 45 minutes to complete the paperwork. Please bring your national insurance number with you.
When you have been inducted and the enrolment forms completed, the provider will send you your set of comprehensive course materials.
Please contact me if you would like any further details.
Not in UNISON and reading this? Join UNISON today: www.joinunison.org
UNISON Regional Learning & Development Organiser
T: 0115 8475446
M: 07904 326839
UNISON East Midlands Education & Training
(Click here for all news)
02 Mar 2018
Reminder - Annual General Meetings
08 Feb 2018
Section 114 notice to NCC
16 Nov 2017
Display Screen Equipment (DSE) safety regulations
02 Nov 2017
Health and Safety News
© 2012 Unison Northants County Branch |
Designed, Hosted & Powered by Bodwebs