UNISON Northamptonshire County Branch
6 Darnell Way
Tel: 01604 670400
Extra Personal Benefits
Women in Unison
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender
Health & Safety
Schools and Academies
Viewing News Item
(Click Here to return to previous page)
02 Nov 2017
Health and Safety News
F.A.O. Northamptonshire County Council, First for Wellbeing and Kier WSP members of UNISON.
We had a very good response to the recent workplace stalls at One Angel Square for European Health & Safety Week, and International Stress Awareness Day. You will find pictures of these events on our Facebook page.
Please may I encourage members to “like” our Facebook page, and to share the Health and Safety items posted. Social media can be a quick and effective tool for spreading the message of the excellent work which UNISON undertakes to tackle health and safety concerns, and the importance of becoming a member to improve working conditions.
I would like to say a special thank you to Elnora Latchman, Bernadette Miley and Julia Smith for helping on the stalls. I really appreciate you making the time in your diaries to assist during a very busy period.
If any workplace representatives or members would like to support future stalls, please do not hesitate to contact the branch office: email@example.com or HealthSafety@northantsunison.co.uk. Willing volunteers are most welcome.
This is to find out what concerns members have when it comes to Health and Safety. Please email HealthSafety@northantsunison.co.uk to request a copy of the survey.
It should only take a few minutes to fill out the form. The results will help me to prioritise hazards to address, and evidence to management how big a problem something is.
ONE ANGEL SQUARE ISSUES
Our new headquarters premises is throwing up all sorts of problems, which UNISON is raising with the County Council! There is however an under-reporting of issues and non-completion of risk assessments, which means the Council doesn’t have an accurate picture of the key concerns.
As a reminder, the following processes should be followed (where applicable):-
* Report faulty toilets, broken furniture, cold temperature, etc to the Property Services helpdesk.
* Complete a Display Screen Equipment (DSE) online assessment, if you use a computer or laptop. This covers your entire workstation, not just the screen.
* Use the "Report Incident online form" if you have an accident or near-miss:
- Examples: You tripped, or nearly tripped, because a stool was left in the gangway; You banged your head, or nearly banged your head, trying to reach something.
* If you have a disability, put this in writing to your line manager and ask for a Supporting Attendance Risk Assessment (SARA) to be undertaken by the Health and Safety team. Also you may need to be referred to Occupational Health.
Please let me know if you experience any difficulty resolving a problem, because I may be able to escalate the matter: HealthSafety@northantsunison.co.uk or 01604 670400.
Take care and be safe!
Ben King, Health and Safety Officer.
(Click here for all news)
29 Mar 2018
Northants UNISON's Friday Forensic take on NCC Issue 3
23 Mar 2018
Northants UNISON's Friday Forensic take on NCC Issue 2
16 Mar 2018
Northants UNISON's Friday Forensic take on NCC Issue 1
02 Mar 2018
Reminder - Annual General Meetings
© 2012 Unison Northants County Branch |
Designed, Hosted & Powered by Bodwebs